The purpose of the Friends Association of Higher Education is to strengthen the Quaker mission in Higher Education by:
- Providing a supportive relationship and opportunities for fellowship among all who share Quaker ideals of higher education, whether on Quaker or non-Quaker campuses.
- Enhance member’s appreciation of Friends religious heritage and nurturing the individual and corporate search for Truth.
- Lending support to the Quaker ideal of integrating spiritual commitment, academic excellence, and social responsibility.
- Lending support and encouragement to scholarly research directed toward perceiving and achieving a more perfect human society.
- Helping to clarify and articulate the distinctively Quaker vision of higher education, in terms of both curriculum and teaching.
- Assisting Friends Colleges in their efforts to affirm their Quaker heritage.
- Fostering greater communication and cooperation among Friends educational institutions and the various Friends constituencies to which they may be connected.