The Friends Association for Higher Education is pleased to announce it is accepting proposals for sessions, papers and workshops at its 2016 conference at Woodbrooke Quaker Study Centre in Birmingham, U.K., June 16-19.
Our theme for 2016 is “Educating for Action.”
We invite you to join with other Friends educators from colleges, universities and study centers globally for an invigorating time together in England, on the beautiful grounds of our member institution Woodbrooke.
Whatever field we are in as Quaker educators, our practice is informed by a faith that calls us to be transformed and in turn to help transform the world. We are nurturing our students to help make the world a better place; we are educating for action.
As you prepare for the conference, we hope the following queries will be helpful:
Queries for Consideration:
- How do you help prepare students to make a difference in creating a just and peaceful world?
- What in your experience has worked best in helping students transform their worldview and become scholars and contemplative activists?
- Does Quaker transformational education have a distinctive pedagogy?
- How do we bring a Quaker faith perspective to bear in working with students of different faiths or none?
- What technologies are helpful and unhelpful in helping us educate for critical thinking, spirituals wisdom and action?
- What can we learn from the Quaker tradition of transforming education and industry?
The deadline to submit a proposal is October 30, 2015. View the Request for Proposals website.